LEARNING ABOUT THE WORLD WE LIVE IN DOESN'T STOP WHEN THE SCHOOL BELL RINGS. THERE ARE MANY WAYS TO ENGAGE AND INSPIRE YOUR CHILD AT HOME, TOO. IN THIS POST WE SHARE OUR IDEAS FOR FUN AND INTERACTIVE LEARNING FOR ALL THE FAMILY.
1. Help them see the bigger picture:
A map of the world on your wall is a great image to have in the home. It’s so inclusive: everyone has something to say about a map so they’re brilliant for inspiring curiosity and drawing out ideas from everyone in the family. Our World Maps are designed to look beautiful and be educational too, reminding us all of the bigger picture. They're especially good for discussing world events – when something happens on the news, it’s easy to point to where it is on the map, helping children understand the bigger world they live in.
- What’s the capital of…?
- Find the place mentioned in the song (Don’t cry for me Argentina, Born in the USA etc.)
- Find all the capitals cities that begin with… e.g. the letter ‘T’
- Memorise all the… e.g. countries in Europe, states in the USA
- How many countries in… e.g. Africa
If that has your mind whirring, try some of these other projects for a fun learning experience:
2. Make a DIY Calendar
3. Start a Reading Log
4. Create a Balloon Globe
5. Construct Sentences with Magnets
Shop our World Maps here.